Fall is in the air...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ready for Work


It's hard to believe that it's been a year this week since I last suited up for work at VACO. Forget the suit, tie, and occasional cuff links, this is standard business attire for me these days. It almost looks like they're starting to make a soldier out of this sailor. (Of course, there were days at VA when I felt like I needed body armor and Kevlar, not to mention a rifle and pistol...)

I began my mobilization and pre-deployment training in October of last year, and it's hard to believe how quickly the days and weeks are passing. This week, I said good-bye to the Air Force contingent from my battalion as they began to rotate home following their six-month deployment. These airmen were a fine group, and among them I count my closest friends. They have done the Air Force proud, even if they can't hang and do a full year deployment like their sister services!

(This picture is from this morning, just before rolling out of the IZ en route to a police station in eastern Baghdad. )

No comments: